NB: This is an excellent portal for regular political/economic commentary on world affairs. This one has many essays on South Asia. The generalised implosion of political institutions is a symptom of the endemic unsustainability of global capitalism. Unfortunately this state of affairs will continue (ie the ruling establishments will carry on with their ‘austerity economics’; violent conflict and chauvinist ideologies) unless they are confronted by democratic popular movements. DS
Cadtm-newsletter-en mailing list — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pakistan’s debt from China becomes burden as CPEC does not generate enough growth
- Pakistan Collapsing
- India – Precarity: The perilous lives of Indian workers
- Debt crisis – Ukraine: Resisting the Shock Doctrine: Ukraine, Debt, and Reconstruction
- France – Social movements: France Shown Yellow Card
- France: What happens when Macron has already been defeated but the great popular movement has not won?
- Spanish State – Vulture funds: Madrid Manifesto against illegitimate debt and investment fund actions
- Debt in History – Illegitimate debt: The urgent need to repudiate debt
- Agrarian Distress – Food Sovereignty – Ecology/Climate – Natural Resources The Avocados of Wrath
- Monarchy – Tax Justice – United Kingdom Britain’s royal rip-off
- Crisis – Inflation Rates up, economy down
- Banks – Financial crisis – USA: First Republic – the case for public ownership
- Belt and Road – China – Imperialism: China’s Overseas Investment in the Belt and Road Era
- BRICS – Capitalism – Crisis: A multipolar world and the dollar
- Banks, Capitalism, Crisis – Neoliberalism: Banks on the Brink? The Origins, Nature, and Trajectory of the Crisis
- Capitalism – Crisis – Financial crisisWell founded pessimism
- Feminisms – India – Microcredit: Microfinance Institutions in West Bengal: A Death Trap?
- Poverty – World Bank: Incoming World Bank President Ajay Banga’s predatory-finance background threatens even more prolific Bank poverty-creation
- Banks – Financial crisis – United States of America (USA)The Mechanics of a Bond Market and its Impact on the Banking Crisis
- Debt crisis – IMF – World Bank: Éric Toussaint, “The IMF and the WB bear a great responsibility in weakening countries that have to face external shocks”
- Austerity/Structural Adjustment – France: What’s the problem with pensions?
- Ecology/Climate – Europe: The Last Winter of Gas in Europe
The Sacrificial Altar of Extractive Capitalism: Notes on Abolition and Transition
Lee Camp: The Dark Secret History of Capitalism
Robert Urquhart: Capital accumulation as eternal recurrence: theology of the bad infinity
Walter Benjamin: Capitalism as Religion (1921)
Clara Mattei: How Economists Invented Austerity / Anwar Shaikh: What Happens When Economics Doesn’t Reflect the Real World?
A Summary of Marx’s Critique of Capital
‘It was a set-up, we were fooled’: the coal mine that ate an Indian village
Sam Kriss: ‘Neoliberalism’ isn’t a left-wing insult but a monstrous political system of inequality